Sunday 10 February 2013

Hop City: Big Mouth Tap Room Pale Ale

I have to admit, I'm a pretty big fan of Brampton's own Hop City Brewing. Their Mr. Huff pilsner is always my go to beer whenever I go for burgers at The Works.  Barking Squirrel became a summer patio staple for me on my visit to Ottawa last year. They brew great beer and I'm excited to taste whatever they come up with.

The other night while I was stocking up my fridge at the LCBO, I was pleasantly surprised to find a Hop City beer that I've never tried before; Big Mouth Tap Room Pale Ale.

This beer has a powerfully spicy hop aroma. I initially thought it was Saaz hops but after a brief examination of the can I stood corrected as Cascade is the main event here. This is exactly the kind of pale ale that you should expect from a brewery with "Hop" in the title. This pale ale is loaded to the brim with 48bu's of bitter hoppy goodness. This really must be the most unique tasting pale ale I've ever tried and is by far my favourite beer that Hop City has put out.

I was snacking on some cheddar rice crackers tonight so I'm not even going to qualify that as anything close to a food pairing.

Ask your local LCBO for this beer! I was able to pick it up at the LCBO in liberty Village and they've had it stocked regularly since.

I give it an A+ !! This is my favourite pale ale and it will be hard to top it. Any challengers?


I wonder if the guys from Hop City would invite me for a tour of their brewery after reading this?

Support your local brewery







No comments:

Post a Comment