Saturday 16 February 2013

Granville Island Brewing: Lions Winter Ale

To the best of my knowledge, I've never tried a winter ale during my quest for awesome beer. I'm honestly not even very sure what defines a winter ale? I'm expecting to taste snowball fights, GT racing, hockey, and possibly pushing a car out of a snow bank all rolled into one. God knows what that should actually taste like

The aroma of this ale comes across uniquely rich with vanilla. Seriously, vanilla. I had no idea you could use vanilla to mellow up a brew. This beer smells great and goes down smooth and easy. It's robust, malty, and sweet on the palette.

This is a truly distinguished and balanced ale like nothing I've ever had before. If you're really looking to try something straight out of left field then this is a great option.

This would be a good choice to pair with desserts and chocolates. Sneak some in at the next birthday party that you attend and see how it goes over.

For its uniqueness and easy going cozy feel, I rate this beer a B. Its perfect in the right occasion but not diverse enough to be in constant rotation in my beer fridge all year round. This guy belongs in an ottoman by a roaring fire on a cold snowy night.

Check out more from Granville Island Brewing at www.gib.ca/

Support your local brewery!







No comments:

Post a Comment