Sunday 1 December 2013

Muskoka Harvest Ale





MUSKOKA HARVEST ALE
If there was ever one bottle of beer that I had hopes of saving for a special occasion, it was to be my sought after and coveted bottle of Muskoka Harvest Ale.  After watching Edge 102's Fearless Fred (@fearless_fred) review the beer in one of his beer Friday videos, I knew that I had to give it a try. Unfortunately, this past Saturday night was so uneventful that it has claimed my one and only bottle of this seasonal goodness.  So here's a review to honour its glory.

Harvest Ale is one if those simply unique gems that comes around so rarely that it must not be missed.  This assault on the senses grabs you first with its stunning bouquet of earthy and grassy hop aroma.  I guarantee you that this is unlike anything that you've ever put under your nose before.  

It's head is subtle and the body is a mostly transparent orangy-red hue.  Now, upon first sip, the complexity of this beer is immediately apparent.  It flows through the palette in so many layers of complex deliciousness.  It's mildly tart, very boozy (9%), mildly hoppy (guessing around 50 ibu's), and it runs that gamut with flavours that include toffee, malts, pine, and a very light hint of citrus. It's outstanding and well within a league of it's own.  

If you miss this beer you will definitely regret it!  One of the best beers I've ever had and one of the most memorable.  I can't say enough good things about this beer and rate it an A+(91) in my books.  It's a little late in the season to find it, but if you do, you won't be disappointed.  


Learn more about Muskoka at http://www.muskokabrewery.com


Support your local brewery!


Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment