Saturday 26 January 2013

Neustadt 10w30 Ale

Finally I get to write a review about an old friend. I initially tasted Neustadt 10w30 at a craft brew celebration at Toronto's C'Est What, nearly 7 years ago. It was one of the first craft brews that I ever tried and It will always be immortalized in my brain by the oil can bar tap handle.

What a perfect balance of tradition and new age style. 10w30 has the character of a traditional English Brown Ale blended the with new age moxy of the Canadian craft brew scene. Neustadt injected just enough malty flavouring to pay homage to this traditional style but not enough to overpower the palette.

It's not mighty with accentuating hops or flavours. The result is a multi grain beer that goes down easy and is highly drinkable. I also don't see this as a specifically summer or specifically
winter beer. I think that 10w30 can easily find its way into a pint on a patio or even by the fire.

Highly drinkable, loaded with character, and I'm sure it would be an awesome pairing with a platter of spicy nachos. I salute you 10w30 with a B+ rating. I'm not a huge fan of English style ales but this is definitely among my favourites in that class. You don't blow my mind but you absolutely deliver a worthy beer. Worth a drink and worth the regular beer fridge rotation.

Learn more about Neustadt Springs Brewery at www.neustadtsprings.com


Support your local brewery





No comments:

Post a Comment