Friday 1 March 2013

Travel, Beer, Coffee and Branding

I love to travel, but I hate flying. Something about being stuck
to a small seat, shoulder-to-shoulder with a stranger, just doesn't appeal to me. I get nervous because long flights make me feel confined. The best way I've discovered to alleviate these crazy thoughts in my head is to find some form of creature comfort. Enter my favourite travel combination of coffee and beer.

Today my fiancé and I are flying to New York to visit my brother for the weekend. We're flying out of Toronto (YTZ) on Porter Airlines. Porter offers an amazing travel experience and I can't say enough good things about them. Lets check the list of Porter perks: free wifi, free Starbucks, free snacks, free pop, free juice, free in-flight meal, and free Steamwhistle beer! My favourite coffee paired with one of my favourite beers and its on the house! This will be a great flight.

So what is it about coffee and beer that makes them go so perfectly together?

I think that the richness of a bold coffee just compliments a cold beer without ease. Both beverages are made from raw harvested materials that come from the earth and both are brewed beverages. Personally I just like the combination of caffeine with beer to kick start my travelling. Do they make caffeinated beers? Interesting....

I vote that they make a happy union between Starbucks, Steamwhistle and Porter airlines. They should create a unique Beer with each partner contributing to the finished product. It may sound a tag ironic and obvious but a Coffee Porter Stout is the first idea that comes to mind. Coffee flavouring by Starbucks, Beer brewed by Steamwhistle, and it would obviously be a porter stout for Porter Airlines. A perfect match made in branding and product placement heaven. Am I crazy? Or am I really on to something here.



No comments:

Post a Comment