Monday 25 March 2013

Creemore Springs Kellerbier

     Kellbier is a beer style that has medieval heritage and character. There are not a large variety of brewers today that still brew this style of beer, so it's always a treat when I come across it. I'm quite sure that I've had Creemore's Kellerbier in the past so this will be a review that's more like getting re-acquainted.

     If you like lagers, you'll love this beer.  Creemores Kellerbier has a pleasant and inviting aroma with floral hints. It pours a golden hazy colour with a light head. The taste is medium bodied and loaded with German whole leafs hops alongside earthy spice and citrus notes. Kellerbier has got a great character that's highly drinkable. The finish is a little on the dry side, but it was easy to go right from this beer to a different beer style without feeling like I really had the need to cleanse my palette. Now that's a good drinking buddy.


    If you like lagers and you're looking for something a little different, Creemore Spring's Kellerbier is right up your alley. I really enjoyed this beer and I'll rate it based on like-ability and character with a B rating. It's different, it's good, but don't expect to have your socks knocked off.


To find out more about Creemore Springs, check out their website at www.creemoresprings.com

Support your local brewery!





No comments:

Post a Comment